** I know this is long - if you are able to answer any, or a few, of the questions contained in this post, I would be extremely thankful. Really any comments would be appreciated so I know I'm not alone**
I've read all the threads on this and other subs regarding taxes, and recently bought a 1 yr. subscription to cointracking.info. Unfortunately, I purchased ETH, LTC, and BTC via coinbase for the first few months of my trading, until I found out that GDAX is so much cheaper and easier to use.
So I have records in CSV format from both exchanges, similarly, cointracking.info couldn't seem to reconcile (whether using CSV imports or API data) my various transfers from coinbase to GDAX for my day trade attempts and from GDAX to coinbase after purchasing, and before transfer to a hard wallet. So it interpreted these transfers as "sales."
I've also sent a handful of ETH to binance to put into various alts (which are all currently down). I recently day traded a bit with BTC while it was falling predictably down and increased my holdings by .05 or so. I wasn't thinking, and now realize that this effectively "realized" my gains on part of my BTC that I had been buying since early August. I repeated this process quite a few times, buying and selling the same sum of BTC.
I luckily have a family friend who helps do my parents taxes in exchange for dinners and out of generosity. I approached him with questions about how to "track" my gains off of ETH into binance alt coins, as the price of ETH shifts constantly, and we ended up talking taxes. He asked me to chart every transaction - volume, price, date, fee, coin, etc. in excel - I had been doing this fairly well for months, and think that combining the coinbase and GDAX CSV files for each 3 coins might work, but it's so much data I'm very stressed - and equally pissed if my day trading stupidity (which earned me 500 dollars) ends up costing me 3 K in taxes.
- However, what I don't understand is how one is supposed to "pair" or decide which portion of BTC they realize when they sell. Because I bought BTC all the way up from around 3 K and if I technically realized the gains from some BTC I bought at 9 or 9.5 K during my trading / realizing, then the tax I owe would be a lot less than the sale of BTC bought below 5, etc. Is this discretionary - I know there's means to I.D. specific coins, but when I sold it was certainly a varied mixture of *hundreds of different small purchases.
- I'm also having problem even using the GDAX CSV of sale records, because of some recent day trading, my technical cost includes duplicated "re-buys" of day traded coins, so it thinks I spent like 7 times what I really did, when in reality I was buying / selling the same bundle of coin / coin fractions.
- With my limited understanding of taxes (recent college grad with no job yet) I'm hoping that for some of the day trading, it will at least only be the first (of a handful of buys and sells with the same coins) that are realized to cause any substantial tax costs, as once I sell and re-buy once, my basis is now much higher, and given that I was selling and buying in the same general price range of BTC (and other coins) the spread / difference would be comparably minimal, so it's not like it takes the same 25% or whatever percent each time I make a trade, right?
- Lastly, does anyone know how capital gains from conventional stock portfolios affect your tax bracket? I may have read that some people qualify for 0% tax on long term gains if they have no job, and meet a few other variables. I currently have no earned income, but do have a relatively large stock portfolio which I oversee with a family member, the markets done well this year, but to my knowledge none of this large and varied volume of stocks are ever sold / realized, they are just being "hodled" for lack of a better word, as many do in traditional investing.
- Having acted out of greed / opportunity and naivete (thinking I was helping myself + making money by buying before a dip and buying back, I will never day trade again. I only hope that these taxable events do not eat up a huge fraction of my gains, which I have worked hard to accumulate while working diligently to learn the ropes of crypto buying and research. I'm not asking for sympathy, as I have it better than many, but I do seek information and want to have some general questions answered before I go back with a giant excel file to bring to my family friend, so I can ensure the information is accurate, etc.
I know this was a lot of varied questions, and I'm happy to re-format in more palatable bullet points, but if anyone is willing to answer any of the above confusions I would be very thankful and would find a way to give thanks
Thanks for your time - a concerned / born again hodler
Due to the nature of Binance's exchange API, this data set contains the closest 1,000 orders to the midpoint price captured during every snapshot taken (once a minute). Thus, the order book depth ranges depending on the volume of trades occurring during the specified timespan. Major cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Correlation Charts. Create insightful correlation charts with single or multiple combinations of asset pairs. Capabilities include. Access to all of our Community data for charting ; Detailed graphs that support simultaneous asset pairs; Easy to use interface for configuring graphs; Multiple correlation types supported; Launch Charts. CSV. Data File Downloads. Download our historical community ... Binance CSV converter Hi all, I was tired of manually enter the transactions and I don't wanna use the API of Binance. So, I made a quick and dirty command line parser to convert the Binance trade history to the import format of delta. About Bitcoin SV. Bitcoin SV price today is $154.25 USD with a 24-hour trading volume of $956,045,274 USD. Bitcoin SV is up 1.46% in the last 24 hours. The current CoinMarketCap ranking is #12, with a market cap of $2,863,244,010 USD. Customizable interactive chart for Binance Coin / Bitcoin with latest real-time price quote, charts, latest news, technical analysis and opinions. bitcoin csv historical data - For individual cryptoassets – for example, on the Ethereum price page – there are download buttons on the Markets and Historical Data tabs. Choose Markets for trading pairs (e.g. ETH/BTC) and Historical Data for OHLCV records. To download market or coverage data for all cryptocurrency exchanges, click the “Free CSV” button on the main ... List Live Top charts My charts Returns Account API Support. Add a coin to chart. Remove all. Tether (USDT) Ripple (XRP) Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Binance Coin (BNB) ChainLink (LINK) Litecoin (LTC) Bitcoin SV (BSV) EOS (EOS) Chart data. Currency. Scale. Absolute: year month week YTD all. Relative: year month week YTD all. Download / Share show. Save Forget New. Copy the link to this chart to share it ... Binance Coin is down 0.05% in the last 24 hours. The current CoinMarketCap ranking is #7, with a market cap of $3,847,074,515 USD. It has a circulating supply of 144,406,561 BNB coins and a max. supply of 176,406,561 BNB coins. The top exchanges for trading in Binance Coin are currently Binance, Binance.KR, HBTC, BitZ, and CoinBene.
[index]          
Binance DEX launches their testnet - check out my quick overview of Binance chain and review of the DEX. Check it out here https://testnet.binance.org Disclosure: This is an unpaid review for a ... This video demonstrates how you can import your Binance trades into CryptoTrader.Tax to generate one-click tax reports. For more information on doing your Bi... In this video, we retrieve bitcoin price data over Websockets in 2 ways. First, we use wscat to receive the information from the command line and save the price data to a file. Second, we use ... For more info about Cracking Crypto, be sure to head over to the website here: https://CrackingCryptocurrency.com. For BreakingBitcoin Market Updates, click ... 🔥Tesla Podcast (Elon Musk) Live 🔥 Company News, Bearish BItcoin, Liquidation, future Tesla Promotion 3,354 watching Live now Morning Coffee JAZZ - Relaxing Instrumental Bossa Nova JAZZ ... Time Stamps: 0:06 - Thanking contributors 1:05 - Brief explanation about Parity Trading 1:32 - Explain the tool and options 3:30 - Parity trading options 5:2... Binance LIVE СЕО: Bitcoin price prediction & Givе-Awaу BTC Binance [ Official channel ] 2,518 watching. Live now; Mike Tyson - The Hardest Puncher in Boxing Ever! - Duration: 18:09. The World ...